About Internal Quality Assurance Cell
The prime Objective of the IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institution. The IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. It will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
- To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
- Functions of IQAC
- AQAR Reports
- Certificate & Best Practices
- AICTE Approvals
- Post-Accreditation Initiatives
The Primary aim of IQAC is:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- The cell will be responsible for maintaining the complete documentation and records as per the UGC, NAAC and NBA requirements.
- The cell will be responsible for taking care of Feedback from students, Parents and other Stake holders on quality related institutional processes.
- The cell will be responsible for conducting the Academic Audit to each department and prepare the reports.
- The cell will be responsible for the regular submission of AQAR (Annual Quality Assurance Report) and QRs (Quality Reports).
- The cell will act as a nodal agency for coordinating quality – related activities including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- The cell will also be responsible to organize inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- The cell will be responsible for documentation of the various programmes/ activities of the college, leading to quality improvement.
Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences , Hyderabad is committed to achieve academic excellence by promoting values, creating civic responsibility and building competencies in a dynamic environment. The first assessment and accreditation by NAAC in the year 2015 ushered the way for novel ideas of quality nourishment and to take up quality nourishment and to take up quality enhancement initiatives.
After the first assessment and accreditation of the institute by NAAC one of the major initiations was strengthening the institute in all academic aspects and improving the infrastructure facilities.
Curriculum for the future:
As the affiliated college, the changes in the curriculum by the university. during post accreditation phase, accordingly planned and implemented the changes
The curriculum is designed corporate as per the university syllabus in (a) recent trends in industry to suit the course syllabi, value added courses, (b) Soft skills education. (c) Internships with mini projects in all UG and PG courses. (d) Participation in co-curricular, extra-curricular and extension activities such as seminars, group discussions and assignments.
The changing industry scenarios and advances in technology require added skill sets from potential employees. Impulsion on career growth requires by enriching the curriculum. The institution is offering skills development courses under the Telangana government in collaboration with TASK. The institution is also offering few training classes to students to improve their technical and personal communication skills.
- The process of admission based on academic records and transparency has been continued.
- Student’s performance assessment is measured based on Tests, Tutorials and Orals examinations.
- The encouragement through supplying reference material and providing question bank has been continued for advance learners.
- Lesson (Teaching) plans form faculty members are sought as before and Lesson Plan Monitoring Committee has been mo0nitoring the work as before.
- College prospectuses, advertisement website, information brochure, are the mechanism used to publicize the information regarding admission.
- Remedial coaching for slow learners is being organized through Institute funds.
- Project, case study, field visits based learning mode ie., learning by doing has been implemented for advance learners.
- SWOC analysis of students is done at entry level, their academic needs are assessed and accordingly students are helped during the academic programmed. The student performance and counseling records are introduced from I B.Tech.
- Soft skill Development and finishing programmes are being implemented for 3rd year students. Orientation programmes for first year students are initiated as per the AICTE and University norms.
- Entrepreneurship development programme has been designed and being implemented for the students.
- Teaching plan monitoring is done by Head of the Departments fortnight progress reports are prepared and reviewed regularly.
- Academic calendar as per university implemented by Academic section/examination section.
- IQAC has promoted the use of ICT in teaching and learning process.
- Support structures and systems for teaching and learning are installed.
- Language Laboratory has been established to enhance English learning.
- Digital Library facility is being utilized by staff and students effectively.
- Question paper setting based on blooms taxonomy is introduced for the benefit of al the categories of students, software supplied by the university.
- Various innovative teaching and learning methods are being practiced for enhancement of teaching & leaning qualities.
- 100% faculty members are being involved in faculty development programmes.
Research, Consultancy and Extension
The research policy of the institute is to initiate and promote research by promoting individual and institutional research. All the research initiatives are streamlined through the Research and Development cell headed by a senior professor at this institute. Conducting workshops/orientations by eminent scientists/researchers has motivated the researches and increased research output. Research proposals (for research grant) have been submitted to UGC, AICTE and DST.
Architecture for Excellence Education
The management firmly believes hat the good infrastructure is essential for holistic development of the students. The infrastructure and learning resources witnessed a substantial increase in the post accreditation phase.
The new canteen is constructed around 2000 sq.ft , installation of lifts in A&B Block.. Obtain Fire certificate from the Fire Department in 20-21. To cater the students new RO Plant of capacity 2000 liters installed in 21-22. The 5 Kw Solar system installed.
Research & Development cell is established. Three computer laboratories, language laboratory and up gradation of all the existing laboratories with high end systems were undertaken in the post accreditation period. Library infrastructure is improved further and additional e-recourses such as Delnet, NPTEL and IEEE are made available to students and faculty members. LCD projectors are installed permanently in all seminar class rooms. CCTV systems were installed in all PG class rooms. The installation of CCTV cameras has made the campus mo0re secure. Wi-Fi systems installed covering major parts of the campus. The procurement of licensed software and customized ERP solutions has further enhanced the teaching-learning atmosphere.
Transforming through Student Support System:
True excellence is impossible without adequate focus on the ,emotional and spiritual needs of the students. The institution has a supportive system for the grooming of future employers. Institute has a very strong and effective system of student mentoring called the “student mentoring system”. In this system there is a designated person called Chief Mentor mostly (Head of the Department) who is responsible for the smooth running of the system. In this system each faculty member called as mentor is allocated a group of 20 students for whom the faculty member will be the academic counselor/advisor/guide/mentor. The faculty member will advise the students regarding the selection of elective subjects, Project Work, preparing for interviews etc to name a few and gives suggestion/advices to mitigate his academic and personal problems.
Student with differential learning abilities are motivate constantly by the management and necessary support services are provided to make their campus life meaningful and motivating them to participate in all the extracurricular activities involving them in decisions making, search activities et. The number of corporate/industry people visiting the campus is on the rise. Entrepreneurship is nurtured through various innovative activities such as training on entrepreneurship; business exhibitions etc. The regular parent-teacher meet enhance stakeholder relationship with institution
Visionary Governance, Leadership and Management.
The commitment of the management to realize the Visional Governance Mission through its well formulated system of governance has spearheaded the institution to make significant progress in the realm of higher education.
Internal Quality Assurance system was strengthened by constituting the IQAC of the institute, conduct of bi-annual academic audit, adherence to academic schedule, analysis of performance and stakeholder feedback. The Institute budgetary provisions relating to Library, Academic, Research, Curricular and Co-curricular activities and e-resources, infrastructure and maintenance, IT based infrastructure and maintenance are incrementally improved.
Journey in Excellence
The institute has made a mark in the educational mosaic of the nation in and around the Hyderabad city. There is quest for excellence in every stride of the institution and thirst for social upliftment in the heartbeat of every AITS student and employee. The dream of the management fraternity to make this institution as one of the best institute in the state. The spirit of the institution will never rest till our goal to take the institution beyond the expectations keeping in view that sky is the limit for quality in the progress and development of this institution.
The initiatives taken by the institution planning to go for autonomous status and NBA accreditation in future by improving infrastructure facilities etc. are furnished for your kind perusal and taking further necessary action at your end phase.