The objective of R & D Cell is to promote research activities among students and faculty as well as to provide a robust platform for sharing and implementing innovative and creative ideas to facilitate exchange of information and interaction among the various research institutes and industries to develop skilled manpower in various engineering fields.
- Promote R&D programme in newly emerging challenges in science, technology and engineering.
- Enhancement of knowledge, capability and a global recognition to institution.
- Application of qualitative as well as quantitative Research technique to enhance knowledge, capability of students and faculty in relatively unexposed areas.
- To develop research proposal for funding from DST/AICTE/MHRD.
- Promotion of R&D Activities in of science and technology with special emphasis on emerging domain.
- Motivate faculty and students to participate in Seminar/Conference/Workshop and further share his knowledge, experience with faculty and students and submission of write up to R&D cell.
- To motivate faculty and students to present/publish Research paper in reputed national & international journals and submit a copy to R& D Cell in the institute.
Responsibilities of the cell:
- Create Interest or focus groups specializing in specific areas of the industry and faculty Counsel to pursue research/higher qualifications and complete Ph.D.
- Train faculty for quality research publications/authoring books or thesis and ensure.
- Mentor faculty in getting research grants from various agencies.
- Provide training/interaction with Research laboratories for students.
- Act as bridge between faculty and industry for consultancy.
- Disseminate the R&D Cell activities to all stakeholders.
- Provide support for Continuing Research and Development through learning Opportunities and tools for recording and planning.
- Provide networks for professionals to meet and discuss their field of expertise.
- Organize Conferences on topical issues providing local and international perspectives.
- Establish recognized research facilities.
- Initiate research projects and provide solutions.
ANNAMACHARYA INSTITUTE OF TECGNOLOGY & SCIENCES
Piglipur, Hayath Nagar Mandal, Hyderabad, R.R. Dist-501512
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CELL
|S.No||Name of the Staff/Student||Designation||Department||Position Held|
|2.||Dr.K.Sunder Kumar||Assoc. Prof||H&S||Coordinator|
|3.||Dr. A. Sreenivasa Rao||Assoc. Prof||ECE||Member|
|4.||G. Kiran Kumar||Assoc. Prof||H&S||Member|
|5.||G. Sayanna||Assoc. Prof||Mech.||Member|
|7.||Y. Prabhakar||Asst. Prof||CIVIL||Member|
|8.||V Raja Rao||Assoc. Prof||MBA||Member|
|9||V Ramesh Babu||Asst. Prof||CSE||Member|
Dr.Sunder Kumar Kolli
He was honored Ph.D in Medicinal Organic Chemistry from Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur (2015). He did his Ph.D. entitled “Synthesis and Pharmacological Studies of Heterocyclic Compounds and Functionalized Indanones”. During Ph.D he completed projects in the School of Chemistry, Central University of Hyderabad (HCU) under the guidance of Prof. R. Nagarjuna (2010-12) and PhD project trainee under the guidance of Prof. Manojit Pal, Dr.Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences, HCU (2012-15). He published 40 articles in reputed international journals, 20 national journals as an author, co-author and he also presented his work in various 20 national and 10 international conferences. His paper titled “Quality Standard of Accreditation in Higher Education in India” presented at the London International Conference on Education (LICE-2017) to be held at the University of Cambridge in the Untied of Kingdom (2017).
He was awarded “Young Faculty award in Chemical Science” by Venus International Foundation and also awarded Young Scientist by Education EXPO.TV, Kolkata. He is the member of Board of Studies (BOS) in TKR college of Engineering & Technology, Keshav Memorial Institute of Technology (KMIT) and also governing body member in Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences. He published several books on Synthesis and anticancer evaluation of carbazole and quinoxalines (Lambert publication-2017), B.Sc Ist year Inorganic & Organic Chemistry (Spectrum Publication-2018), B.Sc Ist year Physical Chemistry (Spectrum Publication-2019), Diploma 1st year Engineering Chemistry and Environmental Studies (Falcon Publication-2018) and Climate change effects on sustainable scenario in India (BS publications-2017). He organized FDP programme on Rural Immersion and Community Engagement-2019 by Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education, Hyderabad.
His area of interest Synthesis of novel heterocyclic and analogues Palladium, copper and Iodine catalyzed reactions, Design and Synthesis of novel heterocyclic compounds of potential biological interest to understanding the functions of proteins which contribute to therapeutic areas like cancer, diabetes and inflammatory diseases. Analysis of environmental air samples (NO2, SO2, PM10 and TSPM) in atmosphere & water samples and mainly focused on fluoride in water with tamarind seeds in and around Nalgonda District.
He is an Editorial board member of World Journal of Chemistry and Chemical processes, International Journal of Chemistry, Pharmacy & Technology and World Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Processes. He is also an Advisory board member of World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, World Pharmacy and Research and European Journal Pharmaceutical and Medical Research. He is the Fellow Membership of Association of Chemistry Teachers, Indian Science Congress Association, Indian Chemical Society, Society of biological Chemists and Associate Fellow of Telangana Academic Sciences (FTAS). He is Research Guideship in Bharatiya Engineering Sciences & Technology Innovation University (BESTIU) under his guidance eight Research Scholars are working.
During the COVID-19 pandemic R&D Cell started manufacturing unit produced various products as Sanitizer, Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid, Vegetable and Fruit Wash, Phenyl and Bleaching Powder. AITSH management funding supported to R&D Cell and products are distributed in schools, colleges, urban & rural people around in Ranga reddy District